Wednesday, February 2, 2011

June 17th 2010 - High end LVL1 event in Slovenia

Wasn't expecting much from this day but it went really well. My first sight of the supercell was near Trebnje. It took awile to get on the highway ... Missed the first supercell but bagged the next one, crazy driving saved me! :) These storms dropped large hail near Grosuplje and made a lot of damage.




From Trebnje.





Still very unorganized but very active. I was right under all the action. Crazy lift and inflow. A lot of CGs also, was kinda scared to stand outside of the car! Was dropping hail already.






Crazy inflow. Mesocyclone occlusion began here already with rain on the levt. I was moving practially all the time. It was fast.




A few kilometers ahead. Nice wall cloud. RFD really close, wall cloud already a bit in the rain. Not showing the structure very well.








On the road back along Trebnje. RFD on the left, not looking very good.




I still got one more look on the meso once I got ahead of the storm. Really crappy roads here, impossible to track anything here for long period of time.





On the road back at Krško.




No comments:

Post a Comment